The reward is now One Hundred and Five Thousand Dollars ($105,000 ) for any information that will lead to the arrests of the abductors that took a five year old student from her classroom at a elementary school in West Philadelphia on the morning of January 14,2013. She was later found early that following morning, yet she has been scared for life by her traumatic experiences endured during her abduction.
In an exclusive interview with Daralene Jones from NBC10, the grandfather of the little girl Imam Asim Abdur-Rashid stated “We believe it was a random act of a pervert sending someone who they had control over to go to a public school, kindergarten class, and take out a young girl who he could take out his perversion on,”. Now while Abdur-Rashid made headlines last year because he and other local Muslim leaders offered a $20,000 reward to help find bank robbers dressed in Islamic women’s clothing, police believe his family may have been targeted by the people who committed those crimes Abdur, Rashid feels different actually he insists that the Muslim community he and his family live in is a protective one, which doesn’t allow many outside interactions. he also went on to say; …he discounts any notion that it was sparked by an internal conflict within the Muslim community, saying Muslims “don’t fight each other by abducting children.” Watch video from NBC Philadelphia
Recenly a group of Muslim leaders offered an additional $20,00 tto the reward and publicly spoke out about the incident on Fox: “… It is clear we have a predator in our community, along with his accomplices,” said Imam Farid Rasool”, …””A sex fiend, a maniac, a vampire, a demon that just preys on innocence,” said Imam Asim Abdur-Rashid the grandfather of the victim. Muslim leaders say if it takes a million dollars or a million prayers, an arrest will come.
There has been a number of community meetings, vigils, and calls to action originated in lite of this incident numerous local city officials, community leaders, and concerned men and women organizations have been diligent in raising monies for the reward in additions to publicly standing with their community as they raise awareness to the safety of the children.
A description of three people have been by the little girl: the woman which was seen on video going to the school fully Garbed in Muslim attire (Hijab) is seen carrying what police say is a distinct umbrella with a carved wooden handle, was a dark-skinned (possibly pregnant) black woman in her late 20’s, about 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-8-inches tall with greenish or light-colored eyes who was wearing dark-colored Muslim clothing and possibly goes by “Rashida.” They also believe she met up with is a very light-skinned, possibly white man in his mid-30’s with short brown hair who wore sweat pants and a blue long-sleeved T-shirt outside the school, and a teenager girl named China slim build, black hair, lite skinned, the little girl remembers seeing her at the house where she was held.
To-date no one has been captured in this crime. Anyone with information can call Philadelphia police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), the Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251 or 911. Emails can be sent to: email@example.com
- Police Searching For Teenage ‘Person Of Interest’ In Abduction Of Kindergartner From Philly School (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- The Reward Is Now 85 Grand Pus For Any Information Leading To The Arrest Of The Animals That Took 5 Year Old Little Girl From A Philadelphia School (malikalovenotes.wordpress.com)
- Top News: Police: Girl abducted from school by woman with face covered by head garb (cnn.com)
- Officials: Boy safe, abductor dead after standoff (cnsnews.com)
- Local Groups Gather At School Where 5-Year-Old Was Abducted (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- BREAKING NEWS AMBER ALERT 5 Year Old Missing Child In West Philadelphia (malikalovenotes.wordpress.com)
- West Philly neighbors press effort to find girls abductors (philly.com)
- Reward Increased To $75K In Case Of Abducted Kindergartner From West Philadelphia School (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)